Valencia's Albufera Excursion (Every Thursday in the afternoon)
29,00€ – 39,00€
Turiart invites you to an escapade from the city for a few hours with this field trip to the Albufera Nature Park, a nature reserve that has managed to maintain the best of the Valencian traditions. Enjoy a walk in the village, take a boat trip through the waters of Spain's biggest lagoon at sunset or gaze at the rice fields and the local architecture.
Fechas: Every Thursday in the afternoon.
Idiomas: Spanish, English and French.
Excursions every Thursday in the afternoon:
VISIT SUSPENDED BY PREVENTION
- September and October until 17 Oct 19 (included): At 17:15.
- From 24 Oct 19 (included) until January: At 15:30.
- February: At 15:45.
- You can also book your private tour for the day and time of your choice.
Albufera Nature Park is an ecological reserve located just 10 kilometers away from Valencia's city center, a Mediterranean ecosystem of great value and the origin of some of the most characteristic elements of the Valencian culture, like the paella. The whole habitat was declared a Nature Park in 1986.
This excursion to the Albufera is a perfect escapade from the city for a few hours, to discover a unique natural space and to delve into the traditions that, even today, are kept alive by the local population. A boat trip through its waters, visiting an ethnological museum or bird watching are only a few of the activities that will turn this visit into an unforgettable experience.
The Albufera is the biggest lagoon in Spain and one of Europe's most important wetlands. Despite being so close to the city, the park has managed to preserve its singularity. As we enter its domains, we are taken to another age, far from the XXI century city. The area combines wild dunned beaches, swamps and fishermen towns. However, the park’s most characteristic elements are the rice fields, that change its appearance and colour between seasons.
The excursion, that takes 3 to 3,5 hours, includes:
- Transportation (bus or minivan) with companion.
- Visit to the “marjal” (marsh area), the biggest ecosystem of the Park.
- Cultural walk through El Palmar, a village lying at the heart of the reserve.
- Visit to the Ethnological Museum.
- Explanation and panoramic view of the “barracas”, traditional housing constructions, and the “redolí”, the local fishing technique.
- Boat trip at sunset to observe the fauna, as well as the aquatic vegetation.
- Local guide at the Park, a true expert on the area and its many secrets.
A visit to Albufera would not be complete without a relaxing boat trip through its waters, specially at sunset, to know firsthand the reason of why the Arab poets called it the "Sun's mirror".
When the time arrives to return to Valencia, we'll think that we have traveled through time for some hours, thanks to this unique combination that Albufera offers: a privileged natural habitat and the preservation of centenary traditions.